Help choosing the right CO2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to plant my new 55g acrylic tank. What CO2 system would be best? When I say plant, I mean, serious plants growing everywhere! I was looking at the Red Sea pro paintball kit. But I don't get the happy go lucky feeling when I read about it just yet. Trying to stay in a budget around 250ish. Lastly, avoiding eBay at all cost.

I currently have 2 36" T5HOs over the tank and some LEDs for color.

Attachments

• image-2988602049.jpg
    image-2988602049.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-3943762569.jpg
    image-3943762569.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3742218451.jpg
    image-3742218451.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image-880589911.jpg
    image-880589911.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 61
Well I just started with a co2 system myself, most of the regulators I looked at are around 90$, some come with bubble counters some don't.
Mine uses a paintball gun co2 cylinder, around 20 $. Add in the silicone co2 proof tubing . And your choice of diffuser , inside the tank or inline diffuser that is before the pump,or a power head . Mine wound up being around 150 total. A lot on the initial price is going to be what's available to you ( far as how often to recharge the co2 tank),

Thanks, I am curious weather or not I'll be replacing the co2 weekly or monthly or??? Being a 55g and all. I live in The city of Las Vegas, so finding co2 should not be that hard I wouldn't think.

Most of the posts I have read say the paintball ones can last up to 6/7 months when you use one with a shut off valve on a timer. Mine has been running for 2 weeks now at 2bps and still showing the same pressure as when I first hooked it up

29 gallon, would say moderately planted. Using a in tank diffuser, 2 hours or so after the lights come on most of the plants are already bubbling .

Aquatek out of California has a good looking mini paintball regulator on amazon. It's 10 bucks cheaper on their eBay store though... Haha. If you don't mind me asking, why avoid eBay? I've got all my glassware for my co2 on there for cheap and the stuff works and looks just fine.

Aquatek out of California has a good looking mini paintball regulator on amazon. It's 10 bucks cheaper on their eBay store though... Haha. If you don't mind me asking, why avoid eBay? I've got all my glassware for my co2 on there for cheap and the stuff works and looks just fine.

Had some bad luck ordering items from eBay, some truly unreliable venders and such, just would prefer to order from an actual website such as live aquaria or amazon. I am aware amazon has individual vendors, it seems amazon has a little more control.

Back
Top Bottom