help choosing the right cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I had 4 pandas ordered last week from my lfs but they couldn't get them. :( So now I'm thinking about 2 albino and 2 julii or bandit but was also wandering what the most hardy Cory is. I've heard the pandas die off easily. So I might just go with 2:2 of a hardier species I have a planted 20high with black sand. Stock is a dwarf gourami and 12 rummynose tetras and sooner or later an apistogramma.

Last edited:
my peppered are the hardiest I've had. They have seriously lived through every single disease I've gotten in the tank they are in and I've never lost a soul.
Heck, they were even spawning when I was treating with furan-2! I'd definitely go for those if you are looking for hardy guys.

I have peppered and bronze. Love them both. I would go with one type though, they are happiest in groups of their own kinds.

So what I'm noticing is that it hurt or miss then. Should I just stick with pandas then or go with a slightly larger one that's my dilemma now.

Ok cool I just don't want to loose any. And THANK YOU ALL for the info. Also I read they like there water at 75 degrees my tank maintains 76-78 if I drop it down to 75 will my plants, rummynose, dwatf gourami and apistogrammi be ok or will the pandas do ok in 77 deg water.

Back
Top Bottom