help, cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marty20

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi everyone. I went home Friday night and when I came back this morning my water is cloudy and milky almost. All my fish and inverts seem okay but some of my corals don't seem 100%... I have absolutely no idea what could have caused this and im looking for any clues as to what could've happened and how to fix it. I have already started to do partial water changes but its not settling on the bottom and its tough to tell if its is getting better after the 3 gallons I have already taken out. Its a 20 gallon tank. Thanks in advance!

Just an update. My water parameters have all checked out after testing. The only thing was my calcium was a little low which I expected as I hadn't dosed yet this week. So now I really don't know what has happened to the water

I don't believe its bacterial because its a white cloud. Almost milky. And all the parameters are set properly. I have dosed the calcium to bring it to about 430. I added a special filter media that is hopefully going to clear it up. Its called clear fx pro

I apologize I read algae bloom. Sorry! Yes it could be bacterial.

Back
Top Bottom