Help! Dead coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. And I appreciate everyone being kind enough to respond and help me learn a little more about this hobby. I had zero experience with coral death up to this point so I'm glad to have a valuable resource in this community to help prevent me from making a mistake and actually killing something that just needed a little more care.

I've had ones that looked that bad at first than they make a full come back
img_3237202_0_82662534fa0b0873fbb7e9c0238b0948.jpg

sorry my camera isn't the best

I hope mine do too...all in time I guess. I can't wait to see how nice they will be

I wouldn't move them to the top right away. I always put mine in the sand and once they are open and happy then I will move them onto the rock. Moving them to close to the light right away may be why they are closed up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the advice. They spent a few days at about mid level in my tank before getting the top rock. I have very poor lighting I'm told so I wasn't overly concerned with that. But I'll keep it in mind for next time.

I'd put them in the path of the powerhead, they might not be getting enough flow. I had polyps that I thought were dead. Turns out they weren't, but I accidentally killed them off by trying to take off the "dead" polyps. Hopefully your remaining polyps stay strong. Even if your polyps are closed they are still getting light, so they aren't dead.

Sent via echolocation

Ok so the Zoa I originally posted about is doing pretty well. The closed polyps look good and healthy and they are opening daily. One problem I am having though is it fell off the frag plug. I hate the way frag plugs look but I cannot find a good place to put him in the tank and it just keeps tumbling around. Is there a certain kind of super glue to use vs another to help secure it? is it ok to super glue the Zoa itself down? it's not on any rock

Ok so the Zoa I originally posted about is doing pretty well. The closed polyps look good and healthy and they are opening daily. One problem I am having though is it fell off the frag plug. I hate the way frag plugs look but I cannot find a good place to put him in the tank and it just keeps tumbling around. Is there a certain kind of super glue to use vs another to help secure it? is it ok to super glue the Zoa itself down? it's not on any rock

Use the super glue gel. Don't use the regular super glue. I've used the dollar store gel glue. Make sure it sets good before you release it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use both crazy glue gel and reg crazy glue it helps speed up drying process
if you don't like the plugs use rock rubble

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom