Help Dying Apisto!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unstopaBULLFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really love this apisto. Can't let him die on me. Seemed really sluggish and weird this morning. Fed the tank and he seemed to act normal several hours later he stars floating up at the top as if he is gasping for air.weird considering the tank has a big airdrome with a lot of BUBBLES. Tank heat is 88( it's in the garage) I think this has something to do with the problem. Moved him to a 3G quarantine. From what I saw he had no external parasites and didn't look weird is bottom fin is kind of curled up toward his body and clamped.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1440267762.405470.jpg
A pic of him before I moved him to the qt. can someone help I really love this littl guy and don't want to see him desd

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

88 is way up there for apistos.
Try around 78 as a max temp.
Looks like red gills and under the eye?(or is it picture?)
Look into gill flukes and prazi if you think that is what it is.

Mm.. From what I can see no red gills only red thing are those flecks on its ace. I would keep temp down on all my tanks... But can a heater make a tank colder? Cause , I can't think of any fish tanks colder unless I put him in my ten inside. Think I should do that?

Adding an airstone may cool tank and help to increase o2,which is lower in higher temps.
Blowing a fan across the surface will increase evaporation and help with cooling also.

Done. The little dude has been doing a lot better in the past couple hours. Thx bandit! Will put another air stone in tann

Freeze a plastic water bottle and float it in the tank, a powerhead for circulation - it's labor intensive, but it can help lower temp fairly quickly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom