Help first time ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghostking010

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so i just realized my red top has little white spots i bought this api super ich cure liquid besides raising the temp what are other things i can do to help the cure progress please help don't wanna lose any fish had them for long time would suk to lose any to this crap parasite

The best most surefire way to get rid of ich is the salt/temp method. Raise the temp to 84 then add 1 Tbsp salt for every 5 gallons water. Aquarium salt not marine salt. It works every time. Stay away from the medications they have never worked for me and they only stress and kill the fish.

Well i already put the medicine in the water its blue what should i do and dose kosher salt work the temp is on 89 now and right now its only my redtop that has spots small but there and many of spots

now you wait. Temp is high enough. I have never used kosher salt just aquarium salt but I have heard of people using the kosher salt. So just add the salt do daily water changes of 25%. Water changes will get some of the free swimming parasites. remember to add salt for the water removed.

If you want to remove the medicine (which I would) just put the carbon back in your filter and that will filter out the meds.

Well what about sea salt with no iodine idk i gotta do something asap and i just did a 30% water change and i have either kosher salt or sea salt the temp is up so what salt can i use lots of fish life on the line and i just got a afra would be upset to lose one of my guys thanks in advance

Well what about sea salt with no iodine idk i gotta do something asap and i just did a 30% water change and i have either kosher salt or sea salt the temp is up so what salt can i use lots of fish life on the line and i just got a afra would be upset to lose one of my guys thanks in advance
Definitely go with the sea salt. It is after all from the sea haha. As long as there are no additives it should be fine.

Definitely go with the sea salt. It is after all from the sea haha. As long as there are no additives it should be fine.

Deaf did so how often should i add salt an how much more water changes should i be doing right now the ich is on one fish and the dots are pretty small pleas and thanks

You should only treat the ich if the fish are in danger or close to death. The ich treatments do not just kill ich but other organisms in the tank. Ich will be always present in the tank, and no tank will never have ich. The best way to treat the ich is to lower the stress of the fish. I know you have already treated the tank, but for future notice it is best to leave the tank alone.

You should only treat the ich if the fish are in danger or close to death. The ich treatments do not just kill ich but other organisms in the tank. Ich will be always present in the tank, and no tank will never have ich. The best way to treat the ich is to lower the stress of the fish. I know you have already treated the tank, but for future notice it is best to leave the tank alone.
This isn't true. If you try to wait it out, all your fish will be dead. When you see the ich, you need to take action immediately. Of course you may lose some fish to stress, but you'll lose more (and maybe all) if you try to wait. A parasite on your body is probably 10x more stressful than dying. Lol.

Came home this morning and the white dots are gone so what now is that goo should i just leave the tank alone and cont my usual water changes or what ?

Ok so i just realized my red top has little white spots i bought this api super ich cure liquid besides raising the temp what are other things i can do to help the cure progress please help don't wanna lose any fish had them for long time would suk to lose any to this crap parasite
I used Quick cure on my 46 gallon tank.
I have 2 parrot fish/ 2 discus and 1 angel fish.
And it cured them. Quick cure worked for me
Might want to give it a try if all else fails.

This is not true. Some people use to claim this but it has been disproven.

Go to the pet store and get aquarium salt it is cheap and proven. not marine salt or sea salt.

Well i did the sea salt and temp raise and it seemed to work under 24 hours the fish has no more spots and the last one fell off this morning im currently doing a 40% water change and glad that it worked cuz would of hated to lose fish but i heard that i will never truly fully rid ich thanks to the good health of my fish he fight the peri site off thanks everyone that helped with advise since ich is gone i thought id show off some fish and tank yall can do the same lol lol

image-1876247369.jpg

image-1637781177.jpg

image-3112243377.jpg

image-3900733386.jpg

image-819986413.jpg

image-1976300331.jpg

Congratulations. Great looking fish!

Keep treating for a week. Ich cant be killed off in its dormant stage or when it is attached to the fish. It can only be killed when it is free swimming. ICH has a 24 hour life cycle, and if there is just 1 attached that you don't see it can turn into hundreds. It recommended to keep treating for 7 days to be sure.

Gotcha loud and clear gonna keep on it also theres a afra in there i think that is new and the ich showed up after he was added and for 2 years i never had ich so think he brout it in i never put lfs fish water wit mine but still it got put in so ima treat and keep a sharp eye

Back
Top Bottom