Help fish going white and sinking!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tara

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Yesterday I brought 4fish and put them in my tank with my other 4 and all the new ones are turning white and sinking to the bottom and dying? Anyone no what it is?? & will all my fish eventually die?

Could you please give more information? Pictures? How recently was the tank cycled? What size is it? What species do you have? And etc. Also, you should probably QT the remaining fish.

I'm new to this site

Could you please give more information? Pictures? How recently was the tank cycled? What size is it? What species do you have? And etc. Also, you should probably QT the remaining fish.

They are cold water fish with a regular pump, I did a 50% water change last week and my four fish are fine but the four I purchased yesterday are 3 black moores and 1 loach I think it's called, I floated the bag for 20mins and put them in with my other four small fish and notice this morning the loach went completely white and sank to the bottom and died, earlier I notice one of the others went half white and sank to the bottom, this has now died, the other two have small white patches similar to the ones on the fish that died but the patches aren't as big and they are now swimming a little weird but the four fish I had in the first place are fine - 45litre tank & I am unsure on how to attach a picture sorry

Sounds like a fungus to me. Are they all loaches? Treating the tank depends on what you have

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

How awful for you, is your tank large enough for these new-comers? Although for you in this instance, that's not going to help you.
When you say they go white, are they losing their colour? Or are they covered in a film or fluff that is making it harder to see the colour? When you put them into your tank after floating them, did you remove them from the bag and place them in or pour the bag in with the fish and foreign water?
If you want to post a picture, when you respond, click on the go advanced button and not post quick reply, you then get a slightly different reply field. You can click on the paperclip and then follow the onscreen instructions to upload a photo from your computer. It would be really handy to see what the fish look like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom