HELP!!!! Fish on the verge of dying!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marinemammalover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a zebra Daniel that has been lying on its side for about ten minutes now.... Gasping for air. I have separated him and put him in a half full three gallon bucket with lots of air flow. I am battling what I think is an outbreak of ich and constipation what should I do?! Please HELP

I have a heater that will keep it at 75 degrees but my tank was always at 86? I don't have another heater will he be able to survive through the drop? PLEASE help I don't know what to do!!!

I haven't tested them today but all my other fish are fine and they have been steadily at 0 for ammonia 0 for nitrite 7.8 for ph and around 15
For nitrates testing right now.......

Are you saying the fish you removed has ich & constipation? If that fish has ich then your whole tank most likely has it. But if your temp is kept at 86F it should be going away or you have something other than ich. More info will be needed to advise you. What size tank? Tank mates; what kind & how many of each? Symptoms of sick fish; coloring off, bloated, eating, etc.?

Ok so I have five zebra danios and two honey gouramis that I purchased on 12/31. I have had the danios since August. My tank has been cycles for a couple months now and it's twenty gallons. I thought my fish had ich 2 Sunday because I saw them flashing (rubbing against decor) and I spotted one white spot on one of fish's top fins ( one of the gouramis). However that white spot might not be ich because it isn't raised and hasn't gone away. I have been keeping the tank at 86 degrees have added 14 teaspoons of aquarium salt. I have still noticed some flashing still yesterday even after I've been treating it for almost two weeks.

Sorry I meant to say two Sundays ago... Hit the send button two quickly. A couple of days ago on rid the danios was lying at the bottom of the tank with a bloated stomach and was gasping for air. I starved the whole tank one day and then fed them frozen bleached deshelles peas and faster them yesterday as wel ( some of the other fish were showing signs of bloating as well. About an hour ago I realized that on e of my danios was at the top of the tank gasping for air with some reddish colored gills ( I'm not sure if that's normal for danios I checked pics on the Internet and saw that a lot of them had that so I wasn't worried) I thought it could be gill flukes..... I kept a close eye one him and later noticed that one of them probably the same one was under one of the plants gasping for air on his side. I filled a three gallon bucket half way wih tank water threw in a heater that will keep it at 75 degrees ( only
One I had) and an air stone and dished him out and put him in there. He doesn't have any other physical symptoms other than I described. The whole tank has been gasping for air a little so I have been steadily increasing the aeration......

Red gills are usually ammonia poisoning, but if the tank has zero ammonia then i'm not sure.... What kind of test kit are you using?

API liquid master freshwater test kit..... I've read that gills could be red also because of gill flukes. Also that api's general cure powder will help cure that. However I don't have a hospital tank do I would have to use it onMy main tank.... Has anyone ever used it and known if it harms the biological filter and if I would how And if I would would have to take the carbon out of my filter? Also, I retested my pH with the high pH tester instead of the regular one and found out that my pH is actually 7.8 if that changes anything....ANY advice would be GREAT!!!!!

I'm going to the pet store to buy some
Mess. How do you guys suggest
I administer them. Should I put the danio back in the main tank and treat the whole tank or treat the whole tank and the danio separately. Also, should I b concerned about an ammonia buildup in the bucket because there is no biological filter?!?

If they don't have any spots I would think its probably not ick anymore. Are those test results from today? Even if they are I would still do a big water change and then treat the whole tank with general cure if your thinking possible flukes. It won't affect BB. I would put the other fish back in the tank and treat altogether, saves money. I would slowly start lowering the temp back to normal. Did you add the salt gradually? That could be causing stress as well.

Back
Top Bottom