Help For a Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
Haven't been on in ages! I just started getting rid of some of my tanks since I have way too many that aren't even running. A friend took one today and is coming back for guppies on Saturday. I am giving her used filter material as a jump starter before everyone here jumps down my throat. I need some advice for her and myself. She got a 20 gallon, filter is a brand new aqua clear 200 rated for fifty gallons, a fluorescent lamp and a full hood from me. I am probably going to give her three to four guppies, a male and some females or all males since I have an abundance of them. What else should I recommend for her to stock with? She also has another twenty to fill. Both standard dimensions.
As for me, I am switching to a 17 h 36 l 12 d tank- I think a twenty long? Or just a normal sized twenty as my guppies are incessantly multiplying. :) I can only put in a thin layer of gravel maybe a half inch as I don't want to break the furniture it's going on. What should I put in it? I have three or four driftwood chunks but other than that nothing and I don't want to spend a fortune on plants. It will have around six guppies ( babies to be given away) and a snail, unsure what else. I want a soothing tank that's easy to care for as I am exceptionally busy. Since I do have guppies I'm putting in a powerful filter. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom