help ghost shrimp preg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some water birch aka paper birch laying around that was downed by a tornado last year. It was soaking in a freshwater spring on my property all winter. I found some branches I liked, stripped the bark off, and boiled it on the stove for around 20 minutes. I used aquarium safe silicone to glue rounded river rock to the bottom to stabilize it. I then took sheets of plastic mesh you can buy at Walmart in the craft section. It is called plastic canvas. I cut them in somewhat rounded shapes. I cut holes in it and used silicone to hold them in place. I tied the moss on with thread. I used Christmas moss but a lot of people use java moss. It has grown in quiet a lot. I will try to get updated pics and post them in the plant thread.

I found more baby shrimp These even smaller than the first one. They are about sea monkey size. So cute. At least something likes my tank LOL

-Shrimp don't get pregnant

-There are tons of varieties of shrimp labeled as 'ghost shrimp'. That's why there's so much conflicting info on raising them. Unless you know what kind you have, it's a crap shoot as to whether they'll hatch/survive in any given conditions.

-Shrimp don't get pregnant

-There are tons of varieties of shrimp labeled as 'ghost shrimp'. That's why there's so much conflicting info on raising them. Unless you know what kind you have, it's a crap shoot as to whether they'll hatch/survive in any given conditions.

I've hatched ghost shrimp eggs in a 2 liter bottle and I didn't know what kind they were I started with 11-20 and now i have 8-11.

Back
Top Bottom