Help heaps of Rainbow fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmarcf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi Everyone,

I had almost given up on a breeding mop I that had eggs on it that I had placed in a 20L (5G) bucket with the heater on air pump changed the water only once and thought it's been over a week so they must have gone bad.

Well low and behold I just checked now before going to bed (It's 11:40pm in Aust) and have heaps of fry swimming either at the top of the tank or at the bottom.

I have a breeding box thing ( very similar to this Free Shipping, Fish Hatchery Aquarium Breeding Hospital Trap Baby Box Big Size-in Air Pumps & Accessories from Home & Garden on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group). They look to small for it and would fall out.

Is there anything I can do tonight for them? I have no food for them but can get some in the morning. Should I move them to this fry box or a spare tank (not setup).

I'm worried they will die over night. Is there anything I could do?

Do you have any other fish that'd eat them? If so I'd put them in a fry box. Rainbow fish are known for eating their eggs, but I'm not sure about fry. I'd put them in the box just to be safe, however this may stress them out a little, and you're unlikely to catch all of them.

Do you have any other fish that'd eat them? If so I'd put them in a fry box. Rainbow fish are known for eating their eggs, but I'm not sure about fry. I'd put them in the box just to be safe, however this may stress them out a little, and you're unlikely to catch all of them.

Hi I currently have them in a bucket at the moment. Tried to change some water but kept accidentally catching the fry:fish2:

Back
Top Bottom