Help - how do I treat whatever this is on my ADF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

micheemak

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So, I have three 10 gallon cubes - side by side - all cubes have same substrate, same plants, driftwood, etc. The tanks house betta fish (a male on either side) sorority tank in center), cory cats, and two ADF each. All use the same type of sponge filter. Water parameters are perfect. I do a 40% water change twice a week - every 3 and 4 days - water is treated overnight before the change occurs. Tanks have been active for three months, so all fully cycled.

When I got up this morning, one of the ADF's in one of the male betta tanks wasn't acting like normal - didn't come to eat (and it was bloodworms today), hung near the back of the tank, spent a lot of time floating at the top. Other than that, looked normal. I decided to do a water change a day early just to be on safe side when I got home from work - which I've since done. However, while I was gone, that same frong has developed these fuzzy looking spots :
2015_08_11_14_30_32.jpg

There are about 5 or 6 smallish fuzzy white spots, obviously some type of fungus, on the back of the frog near the rear. What is this? How do I fix it? Is the other ADF in my tank, or any of my fish, susceptible to this now? Also, is this something I have to worry about with my other frogs in the other tanks, even though there is nothing shared between the tanks (ie: nets, cups, etc.).

Would appreciate any help/advice, as I don't want to loose the frog, and I don't want to have any of my other frogs/fishes get whatever this is.

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom