Help I.D !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone know what this green strand is!? I've had it about 3 weeks and doesn't seem to be hurting anything ..

image-2057467493.jpg

looks like a caupulara vine its a macro algae it will invade corals as it grows very fast I keep it in my tank but I also trim it constantly and redirecting the shoots

I know I misspelled caulpulara lol

looks like a caupulara vine its a macro algae it will invade corals as it grows very fast I keep it in my tank but I also trim it constantly and redirecting the shoots

I know I misspelled caulpulara lol

So it's good in moderation?

I keep in in my main tank but I also monitor it constantly as it has a mind of its own so to speak .
herbivores will help but it still takes over fast if not maintained daily it can over run a tank in no time , yes it looks good and helps with nitrates but it can go south fast if you don't have experience with macro's , remove it from your main tank and add to your sump if you have one where you can keep it under control more easily
here's a good start to learning about macro's just click link below

Marine Plants In The Aquarium: An online guide to the identification and care of marine plants and macroalgae in the aquarium.

I keep in in my main tank but I also monitor it constantly as it has a mind of its own so to speak .
herbivores will help but it still takes over fast if not maintained daily it can over run a tank in no time , yes it looks good and helps with nitrates but it can go south fast if you don't have experience with macro's , remove it from your main tank and add to your sump if you have one where you can keep it under control more easily
here's a good start to learning about macro's just click link below

Marine Plants In The Aquarium: An online guide to the identification and care of marine plants and macroalgae in the aquarium.

Thank you! I don't have a sump, it's a 6gal pico.. So just get rid of it?

Back
Top Bottom