Help ID fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maximus13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 7 golden WCM in my tank and I was fairly certain that they had bred. However, as the fry have grown, I've noticed that they don't really seem to have the same fin shape as the adults. I have 1 Molly in the tank and know they're notorious for being pregnant when you buy them, but is it possible that these aren't WCM's and they're mollies?

Attachments

• image-2993336382.jpg
    image-2993336382.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 58
  • image-1327557086.jpg
    image-1327557086.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 63
Yeah they look a bit big for platy fry. However, they almost entirely resemble platy fry so if its like a few weeks old then it could possibly be a platy

yea, it's been a few weeks now, but it's weird that all of the fry are the same color. Very few of them have any signs of coloring on their fins.

oh well, I figure that once I get a larger tank (hopefully tomorrow) , that I'll try to breed my golden tetras.

Def looks like a molly. A lot of the colors I don't think come out until they are a bit bigger. I have platy fry that are about a week or 2 old in my tank and they are the same color as your fry.

Females livebearer can also store sperm for something like 3 months and can get pregnant at any time

Back
Top Bottom