Help Identifying Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BradD_AP

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-1409636711.jpg

Hello Everyone!

I picked this coral up off a friend. I was wondering what exactly it was, and if there are any special care requirements.

Thank you all!!

Darn. I hope I can keep it going. It looks awesome now. Fingers crossed.

It's an alveopora. I don't remember how they stack up against gonipora in hardiness, but I think they are similar. Gonis have 24 tentacles on each polyp alveopora have 12. Good luck with it, I would spot feed it fine particulate food, a couple times per week, just make sure not to foul the tank.

I had two of these before and each one lasted a bit over a year. I didn't kn0ow until after I got it about their lack of long term success. I've had several conversations with many different LFS's and they all seem to agree, no matter what you do they usually don't last. They said they tell people that if you want a coral for a few months and enjoy their look then it's an ok one to get. I love how they look but I won't be taking a chance on another one.

Good luck with yours!!! keep the water the best you can and hopefully it will do well for you!

Back
Top Bottom