Help identifying pest!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexgcraig

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, any help on identifying this round white pest stuck to the glass, this morning there were a bunch (I've been feeding a bit more than usual lately, trying to get my RCS to multiply! Looks like something else took the hint!). I do weekly 1/3 water changes.

Any idea what this is? Snail larvae? or something worse...? Any fish you know of that like to eat these pests? I'm not a fan of the assassin snails as they also went after my RCS... Flying foxes would do the same right?

Thanks!

(You'll see some grey beard algea in that pic too, am getting over that problem, wasn't providing enough CO2, also hard to get the glass cleaner into that corner, too much driftwood...)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416835496.037244.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416835496.037244.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 78
Nope, those are full grown snails. They are limpets and nearly impossible to eradicate. Some loaches might eat them, but I doubt it.

They survive off of bio film so their population can't be controlled by reduced feedings. They do seek to come and go as their population randomly spikes though. I used to have a bad infestation of them at one point but they all disappeared over time. Now I only ever see 1 or 2.

thanks! Will the loaches go after my RCS?

You think a gourami would eat these guys? Or maybe a pleco since they're all on the walls? (I only have ottos) Just thinking... They're all over the place lol

Back
Top Bottom