Help im stumped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys just noticed the small greyer peice of rock seems to have something living in it. Ever so often you will see little crab like legs stick out then disappear asap. Any idea what this may be my tank has been running almost a year now over the last few weeks random feather dusters appeared but this has me stumped.

image-3581515109.jpg

It's hard to tell from the picture. If you want it to come out, I've heard placing the rock in treated tap water will drive out most inhabitants but won't kill them. It could be any number of invertebrates good or bad. I would definitely try and get it out at least for ID purposes. On the off chance it's a mantis shrimp and you don't want it, I'm calling dibs.

Just looked again and noticed that what I thought was grey rock might actually be its body and may be some slug, as it was trying to eat some seaweed. When I tried to move it with my net it would not budge like it was attacked to the live rock.

It seemed to have gotten hold off a broken off Piece if seaweed somehow but I don't think it moves. Is it possible it could be some kind if large tube worm,

Back
Top Bottom