HELP IN CATCHING FISH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noelskii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have 2 damsels that are getting annoying...id like to catch them with out having to move any of my rocks and corals....any suggestions?

A bottle trap might work. Take a plastic bottle, ie. soda or water if big enough, and cut it in half. Invert the top of the bottle and place it into the bottom. Place a piece of their favorite food in the bottle and put it in the tank. The fish will be able to find it's way in but not out. Waiting until the fish are hungry will help the process. Good luck

Good luck. I had the same problem about a month ago. I ended up taking everything and I mean everything out of the tank. Only thing left in the tank for this little project was some water the sand and the fish...crabs and shrimp. Of course I used this as an excuse to move my tank a bit too. I tried for a couple of weeks to catch them even got a nice expensive fish trap. I think they laughed at me. Sorry for the dismal outlook....

Had the same problem. Nothing would work to catch them. Used it as the opportunity to move to my 75g from the 55g. Worked very well.

Please don't just empty your tank without trying other methods first. What didn't work for us may work very well for you. It is a large undertaking that can't be paused in the middle.

i dont wanna have to take out all my rocks again...i had to do this to catch my 2 triggers before...and i had a hard time to putting back my rocks to exactly where it was before...

I have heard that one of the best ways to catch fish is to try grabbing them while they're sleeping. Turn on the lights and it supposedly stuns them enough for you to make a good swipe at them.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom