Help in what new fish I can get with the fish I have already ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

naomijaywebb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I currently have a 60 litre tank and up and running my new 300litre tank Im Gonna be converting my fish into my new tank but the main problem I'm having is knowing what fish I can get to go with my other fish the main problem I'm having is I have 2 male guppies and 1 female and 3 endlers and I wanna get bigger fish but worried because I don't want to loose my guppies so if anyone can help and name as many fish I could get that won't bother my guppies ?.
I have ...
3 guppies
3 endlers
2 gourami's
2 platys
2 Plecos
2 albino cat fish
And 2 orange dwarf things ( not sure what they were called )
Also 1 guppy fry which I'll be keeping til big enough to go in with the fish I have .
I don't want any of the fish I already have to be attacked or eaten by any other fish so not sure what other fish I can get , so please help and give me some ideas , thanks so much if anyone can help :)

I'm afraid that tank is already heavily stocked. I wouldn't recommend adding anything else.

300 litres = 79g. Nice size :)

You need to know exactly what species you own.

You can add more Albino cats ...Cories I'm assuming ? I'd do a group of 10-12 at least. Great to have a big group. Do sand or smooth gravel.

Are these Common Plecos ? Bristle Nose ?

Orange Dwarf things ? Pictures ?

There are plenty of fish that won't hurt yours.

Easiest method. Ask what are good tank mates for Endlers as they are your smallest fish I'm guessing (?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think tetras would be a safe bet with guppies.
Giant danios
Any danios really.
Australian rainbow
I have had good luck with these.

The OP is moving current stock to huge new tank. Please re-read the original post.

Yes, the 60 liter is overstocked...thus the OP is being responsible and moving them to a huge tank :)

I currently have 60litre but transferring my fish to my new 300 litre tank the gourami's I already have are , 1 moonlight , and 1 opaline ( sure that's what there called ) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396858895.679671.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396858907.569028.jpg ( the orange fish is the one I was talking about the dwarf thing lol sorry I just can't remember what ther called ) the gourami's are the only bigger fish I have all rest are small my tank has been up and running properly since Saturday ( new tank that is ) put the sand in Saturday aswell also purchased large driftwood and that's been soaking in boiling water since
then , still turning water slightly off colour but hoping by Wednesday everything can go in my new tank the Plecos I have isImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396859217.084364.jpg I have 2 of these but just abit worried as I've seen how big they can actually grow lol ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396859310.778170.jpg and this is currently my new tank at the moment ( just to state aswell all my fish that are all in my 60litre tank have all been very good no problems with them at all )

Looks like Dwarf Platies ? Cute.

And yes, Common Plecos get massive. I'd rehome them soon. Once they get big they can be harder to pass on. We used to give them to people with huge Cichlid tanks or heated ponds.

Be aware your Opaline Gourami may get nasty to the other Gourami once it's time to breed. 3 spot Gouramis can be jerks. But your tank is big enough they might be just fine :)

The Plecos will appreciate the wood. Offer Blanched Zucchini or Romaine for a healthy treat. You can weight it down or purchase a veggie clip.

Looks like Dwarf Platies ? Cute.

And yes, Common Plecos get massive. I'd rehome them soon. Once they get big they can be harder to pass on. We used to give them to people with huge Cichlid tanks or heated ponds.

Be aware your Opaline Gourami may get nasty to the other Gourami once it's time to breed. 3 spot Gouramis can be jerks. But your tank is big enough they might be just fine :)

The Plecos will appreciate the wood. Offer Blanched Zucchini or Romaine for a healthy treat. You can weight it down or purchase a veggie clip.

Thanks :) so The gourami's I have could breed even thoe there 2 different gourami's ? I didn't think they would or even could breed if you no what I'm trying to say lol and you no You said about blanched zucchini or romaine what's that is that for the drift wood ?

No, your Gouramis can't breed. I'm saying once the Opaline is a mature adult, it may try to attack your other Gourami because once they are mature and ready to breed they become more territorial. BUT in a big tank they may just pick separate areas.

Zucchini and Romaine Lettuce are treats for your Plecos. Some Plecos eat driftwood as part of their diet and they all love to suck on wood to eat any tiny organisms growing on it( biofilm).

No, your Gouramis can't breed. I'm saying once the Opaline is a mature adult, it may try to attack your other Gourami because once they are mature and ready to breed they become more territorial. BUT in a big tank they may just pick separate areas.

Zucchini and Romaine Lettuce are treats for your Plecos. Some Plecos eat driftwood as part of their diet and they all love to suck on wood to eat any tiny organisms growing on it( biofilm).

Ohhhh lol now I get ya lol okay thank you :)

So just purchased 9 fish :)
5 neon tetras
1 silver shark
2 male guppies ( fancy ,, long fin )
1 balloon Molly
All in my 300litre tank :)

So just purchased 9 fish :)
5 neon tetras
1 silver shark
2 male guppies ( fancy ,, long fin )
1 balloon Molly
All in my 300litre tank :)

Why would you buy a Silver Shark ??
If it's a Bala Shark they get over a foot long, need to be in groups and will eat your small fish.
Is this what you bought aka Bala Shark ??http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=954+888+1177&pcatid=1177

Please research before you buy. Don't believe the fish store.

Yes that what I got and it says on that little page u sent me " minimum space :'70'gallons " I have 75g if by this ur sayin my tank is too small they would of put more that 70 gallons my partner used have one and said it would be fine I no people that have them aswel and don't touch there smaller fish , also we previously had one and didn't touch none of my fish but gave it away to a family friend and is still very okay with there smaller fish

Ok. We found they were more peaceful in groups of three and three 16" long fish need Bigger tanks.

And minimum is minimum not always what fish should have. I've seen them true adult size at my local Steinhardt Aquarium. Really big and wider.

But this is just what I recommend. They are lovely as babies.

8' long tanks sound like more swimming room for 16" fish. But this is me on my ideal world soapbox.

Enjoy your fish ?

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom