Help me hide my filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GallonsOfFun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I tried to use a plant to hide my input and output valves (I don't care so much about hiding the heater), but the input valve is still very visible. I can hide it by putting the plant directly in front of it but then the leaves wrap around the bottom piece and I wasn't sure if this would obstruct it? Would it?

Attached is how it looks now, any ideas regarding how to hide it better?

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 112
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 96
You can barely see the filter intake. You could add another rock in from of it if you want.
One thing I did not care for with the Fluval plumbing was the bright white connectors. You might be able to find black versions on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's in the tank so how would a background hide it?

And the pictures don't do a good job or illustrating it but at any angle other than straight on, it's pretty visible. Would it be an issue if the intake sat in the middle of the plant? Would that prevent it from working properly?

It's in the tank so how would a background hide it?

And the pictures don't do a good job or illustrating it but at any angle other than straight on, it's pretty visible. Would it be an issue if the intake sat in the middle of the plant? Would that prevent it from working properly?

The tubes will blend with the background making them harder to see

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kinda pointless to have a mechanical hang on back filter if your going to obstruct it from cleaning floating debris like that.. Just saying. I hear ya on wanting to hide it though.

Kinda pointless to have a mechanical hang on back filter if your going to obstruct it from cleaning floating debris like that.. Just saying. I hear ya on wanting to hide it though.

I believe the filter in this tank is a Fluval canister.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Correct, it's a fluval canister. Any advice on how clear the plant needs to stay of the intake valve? I can't feel any suction coming from it regardless of what's around it.

A painted black background will hide the cords and help mask the intake outtake tubes. I just put some tall plants around my intake tube and it blends in pretty well.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom