Help me lethargic snail!! Please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

platylover26

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an apple snail named cleo who I love very much. She has been in my tank for about three months. She has been lethargic for the past week or so. She doesnt move much. She just finds a spot on the glass and sits there with her tentacles tucked in. Everyday she is in a new spot, so she moves. But not much. Not like her old self. It is winter time here, so is she hibernating?

Water para. 0 am. 0 nit. 10 nitra.
78 degrees f.
20 gallon tank, planted
1 guppy
1 platy
2 cories
Couple of pond snails (hitchhiked in on plants Grrr)
Aprox. 6 platy fry

I have had many Apple snails in the past that do that. It seems to be normal behavior.

I just noticed it looks like she has been getting pecked at by the fish. I put her in a breeder net, safe from the other fish, with a halved pea to encourage her to eat
It almost looks like her foot has a chunk missing. :-(((((( I really dont wanna lose my cute little cleo

She doesnt have any marks on her shell from the fish. Its hard to see the bite marks. Not sure if thats what they are. I added some Melafix, and she was moving around a bit more. Today is water change day. Nice clean water should probably help a bit.

Back
Top Bottom