Help me set up my first SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say TWO par38's for a ten gallon tank. I ran a single one over a 4g and it was just enough coverage. :)

Clowns are out of the picture really unless you go a bit bigger. Have you considered an all in one kinda tank like the biocubes, nano cubes or the innovative marine nuvo's?

Aren't 10 gallon tanks 20" long? What kind of PAR are you getting at the height to cover it?

Not sure, don't have a meter. Admittedly the edges are limited to lower light corals but 1 has been over my tank for a year now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful Tank BigRed....the single light has served you well. i still say two but you really have used placement to your advantage.

I would say TWO par38's for a ten gallon tank. I ran a single one over a 4g and it was just enough coverage. :)

Clowns are out of the picture really unless you go a bit bigger. Have you considered an all in one kinda tank like the biocubes, nano cubes or the innovative marine nuvo's?

Ok, so no clowns. 2 par38... Are these halides? Led? I've never heard of them. How many watts are they?

I'm struggling to find all in ones in the uk that aren't ridiculously overpriced

Not sure, don't have a meter. Admittedly the edges are limited to lower light corals but 1 has been over my tank for a year now.

That's absolutely beautiful!! How big is your tank?

The light would limit you to softies and low light corals. IMO you should look online for a 120W dimmeable led you can find them on eBay.

The light would limit you to softies and low light corals. IMO you should look online for a 120W dimmeable led you can find them on eBay.

Thank you for your suggestion however they are a bit over my budget

Under £50

these would be perfect on a 6 g tank
WavePoint Wave Point 12" Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light - Super Blue & Daylight Aquarium LED Light Fixtures
I run the 6 inch models on my 37g fowler
1 day light and 2 blues
if there strong enough to support my nems and macro's in a deep tank than there strong enough for corals in a shallow 6g tank I have had these lights in the past and I just bought new ones ,I love these lights only down fall is they need to be put on a timer as they don't have on off switch

these would be perfect on a 6 g tank
WavePoint Wave Point 12" Micro Sun LED High Output Clamp Light - Super Blue & Daylight Aquarium LED Light Fixtures
I run the 6 inch models on my 37g fowler
1 day light and 2 blues
if there strong enough to support my nems and macro's in a deep tank than there strong enough for corals in a shallow 6g tank I have had these lights in the past and I just bought new ones ,I love these lights only down fall is they need to be put on a timer as they don't have on off switch

Wow those look perfect!!! I really hope I can find a uk supplier as $60 is only £38!

I can't seem to find a uk supplier and to have it shipped would cost more than the light itself! ?

So I've heard that t5s are also good, any opinions? I've only ever used basic LED lights in my freshwater tanks. Are they worth it? Do they heat up a lot? Pros and cons?

The right T5's lamps coupled with the right fixture are good...not just any T5. You want ATI or Giesemann lamps and a high output fixture that has individually contoured reflectors. Then you'll be sure to have the potency you need.

The right T5's lamps coupled with the right fixture are good...not just any T5. You want ATI or Giesemann lamps and a high output fixture that has individually contoured reflectors. Then you'll be sure to have the potency you need.

Is it this one? It's what I got when I searched both brands, there was also a two tube 24w and a two tube 54w. This one is one tube 80w. I guess now that I think about it I'll need a two tube one for white and blue... What do you think?

iQuatics Aqualumi Aquarium Controller- OneTube-80w T5 Fluorescent Controller-MADE IN THE UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00K74J2VM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_ehADub03QR8ZS

How many watts would be good?

Back
Top Bottom