Help me stock my 30 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacie3972

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got a 30 gallon tank I'm doing a fish less cycle with ammonia so I've got a month or so to research what I'm going to put in this tank and was looking for some opinions. My other tank is cichlids and I was wanting to go with
Small angel fish
Guppies
Hatchet fish
Silver dollars
And maybe some kind of catfish or pictus cat
Also would betas live with this mix. I have done some research but there are 5 million different websites sites that some say yes and some say no
I would Also like to get some live plants but I've never done live plants so what is a good way to get started and when should I add them. And some good plants to start with? Thanks for all advice in advance :)

Stacie3972 said:
Just got a 30 gallon tank I'm doing a fish less cycle with ammonia so I've got a month or so to research what I'm going to put in this tank and was looking for some opinions. My other tank is cichlids and I was wanting to go with
Small angel fish
Guppies
Hatchet fish
Silver dollars
And maybe some kind of catfish or pictus cat
Also would betas live with this mix. I have done some research but there are 5 million different websites sites that some say yes and some say no
I would Also like to get some live plants but I've never done live plants so what is a good way to get started and when should I add them. And some good plants to start with? Thanks for all advice in advance :)

You could do-
1 female betta
1 angelfish
10 guppies(male)
6 hatchet fish

to add to what emerald said, you probably could do a bristlenose pleco in there as well. Pictus catfish and silver dollars would get too big for a 30 gallon.

I am very interested in the bristlenose pleco. But my lfs don't carry them is there a good place to order online? One that may some of yall have used before and know they have well taken care of fish.

Unless you had nothing else in the tank but some bottom dwellers, you probably couldn't have 2 angels in there.

The user severum mama normally sells bristlenose plecos. You can send her a message and see if she has any in stock at the moment. I got one from her and was very pleased.

Ok so if I didn't do the female beta what would be something else I could put with that mix? And how do I find a specific user? I'm new to the forum and haven't sought out a single user

Back
Top Bottom