Help me stock my new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thank you guys!! I will decide on some smaller fish i guess... :)

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

A midevil or jag do not belong in a 55. There are lots of great options out there.

Just a few idea fish

Thorichthys maculpinnis
andinoacara pulcher
Geophagus surinamsis
Cichlasoma salvini
Thorichthys aerum

Tons of options, these are just some I've been eyeing lately in no particular order.

Most people here are really friendly (I am not), if you use the right attitude they will give you all the help in the world as well as feedback once you have the fish.

Geophagus surinamensis would not be a good fit for a 55. They need to be in groups and generally grow to 8-10". Also, surinamensis does not exist in the U.S. hobby trade. They are only found in French Guiana, who does not allow for much commercial collecting. Any geo labeled as a surinamensis is going to be altifrons, brachybranchus, abalios, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Geophagus surinamensis would not be a good fit for a 55. They need to be in groups and generally grow to 8-10". Also, surinamensis does not exist in the U.S. hobby trade. They are only found in French Guiana, who does not allow for much commercial collecting. Any geo labeled as a surinamensis is going to be altifrons, brachybranchus, abalios, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

This is a newer species to me. I've just cracked the surface on new worlds. I didn't know they weren't available in the US. Thanks.

This is a newer species to me. I've just cracked the surface on new worlds. I didn't know they weren't available in the US. Thanks.

Geophagus are one of the most commonly miss labeled fish in the hobby. They are also very hard to ID at a young age. Awesome fish though.

Back
Top Bottom