Help me w/my Xmas list, please ;o)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verucaproduce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
The truth is that at the moment I am too crazed to focus on perusing many different posts as I have been too busy buying and planning the presents that I am going to buy for others. Well now, my time is up! They are knocking down the doors and I need your help.

My situation is this. I have a 29 gallon (30" long) that I am looking for a replacement light for. I would rather not retrofit my current fixture as I would like to keep it as a fall-back in case the new fixture doesn't work for me.

Ideally I would like to be around 2wpg (I know that needs differ a bit when using CF), but mainly I need the fixture to fit the tank (30") and I do not want to end up using CO2. Right now I have apon bulbs as the only live plants, and even then they aren't doing that well.

I planned on supplementing with Flourish Excel if feasible. A lunar light would be a plus, but not mandatory.

I have a glass hood already. Are there any questions that I am overlooking? Does anyone have a favorite brand that they could share?

Thanks for your help. I am looking forward to any responses.

Ok. Here is a silly question about that light. They have optional legs for it. Do you have to use the legs or can that be set directly on top of the glass top?

Back
Top Bottom