Help me with colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi. Get yourself a digital Ph meter and Ph 7 buffer to keep it calibrated. I use mine almost daily and, colour blind or not, it's just so convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've read about those. What brand do you have and cost. You got a link. I'd love to have one. I've heard some ate cheap and useless.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hi. Get yourself a digital Ph meter and Ph 7 buffer to keep it calibrated. I use mine almost daily and, colour blind or not, it's just so convenient.

Hey where'd you get it and what brand.

Sorry for double post.

Sent from my SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I bought a pocket Ph meter off EBay. It was about £10. Amazon do them too. Can't see a make but it's yellow! They are not the best in the world, (pay more and you get into the scientific range) but with weekly calibration, it takes seconds to do, I find it a good indication of the Ph trend. You need to purchase a bottle of Buffer to calibrate, best to buy Ph 7, and just keep an eye that the meter is calibrated. Once I had mine set up it didn't wander more than 0.1.

When I was new and sweating whether I was at 7.6 or 7.8, our LFS (one of the biggest freshwater stores in the country) told me to quit using the API test and start using a hydroponics kit that tests from 3-10 in one test and breaks it up only as far as 6, 7, 7.5, 8, 9 ...

Their point was if it's between 6 and 8 and stable it's fine for most fish.

So you don't need to worry about exactly which color it is, just that it's a similar color as last time.

I have very soft water with few buffers and the pH fluctuates a tiny bit, but all the fish are healthy after many months of this.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom