Help me with my community tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LogiBear15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i have a 29 gallon community tank, very loosely stocked. 1 Angelfish, 1 German Ram, and a Khuli. I was wondering if i could fit a relatively unaggressive but somewhat larger Cichlid in there.

-Blue Acara
-Red-Shouldered Tapajo
-Apistogramma Pair

Any other suggestions?

I am amble to get rid of the ram, and the khuli if need be. However i love my beautiful angel and wont leave it.

55 gallon SA/CA cichlid tank
29 gallon tropical community

Sent from Atlantis?

Maybe trade the ram for an apisto pair and add some khulis as they need a group to feel comfortable. The angel will have to be in a bigger tank eventually....

I wouldn't have a breeding pair of cichlids in a tank that size with an angel. It *might* work, but mixing cichlid species is not a good idea in general. One angel will probably do OK in a 29, but it may limit the rest of your stocking.

Definitely get at least three more Kuhlis. You might also want to consider a small-ish shoal (6-7) of peaceful, non-hyperactive, non-nippy tetras. Black Neons and Rummys come to mind.

Ok. I will think about some tetras

The Angel is doing great and is quite large and peaceful

I had more khulis but when i first got them they were carrying a disease. I didnt quarintine and the killed off the whole tank. This was about a year ago. The 1 is left. I can get some more.

Sent from Atlantis?

Decided to do some bloodfin tetras. I like the look and they breed a lot, so i can make a but of money back. I Paid for 7 but the guy couldnt count so i ended up with 9... They are cool

Sent from Atlantis?

Back
Top Bottom