Help My Angel Fish please!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1FatFish

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,
I have several angels. One of them I belive is sick. He has not been eating and is starting to loose color. On his body it also appears as if his skin in certain spots is turning white. Also on his tail he has a white patch that is fuzzy. Like white little hairs on it (like algae). ANy ideas? My water is all good and all of the other fish are great. This is an established tank and I have had all these fish for several months now.

Please help is you can.

Thank you.

Richie

Richie, I'm sorry that I don't have any advice to give you on this. My angel, Nemo, had the same thing last week. Dry white skin looking like it was going to flake off and fuzzy white patches almost like mould.
He died a few days ago :(
I hope you find good advice here that helps your angel.
Good luck,

What size tank is he in? Do you have a qt you can move him into? What are the other fish that are in with him, anything other than angles? It sounds like he may have a bacterial infection. You will want to medicate. It would be beneficial though if you can move him to do that so you are not medicating the whole tank.

He is in a 55 Gal. with 3 other angels and 3 redlite tetras and a few others.. They all get along well.. What should I medicate him with??

Richie

Do you have a UV? If so turn your gph way down and it will take care of anything it might be.

Too late all.. He has passed on. I am pretty upset. Really liked him. He was the biggest Angel.. I seen him swimming and then 15 minutes later he was stuck to my filter :( Thank you for all the help though.. I have bookmarked the fish illness link. It's a great resourse..

Thank you,
Richie

Bummer, sorry for your loss. I had an angel that would not eat, but otherwise looked good except for getting weak. I put him in a quarantine tank. still wouldn't eat. then I medicated with miracin2. five days later the angel was eating normally. I felt stupid for medicating without really knowing what was going on, but it worked. Miracin2 booklet implies that fish that don't eat have bacterial infections, so maybe there is some reason to it.

Back
Top Bottom