HELP My filter pump has stopped working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely check your impeller i have a jewel filter and when it gets clogged it stops spinning. Like Samzter said also check to see if your media needs cleaned.

Definitely check your impeller i have a jewel filter and when it gets clogged it stops spinning. Like Samzter said also check to see if your media needs cleaned.

I have checked both and the impeller had some sludge but I cleaned it offand still nothing. Will my fish be ok over night.

I have checked both and the impeller had some sludge but I cleaned it offand still nothing. Will my fish be ok over night.

Mine packed in last weekend and my tank went for 4 hours without any issues. I'd put your airstone in, i would think they'd be fine but hopefully someone else will chime in if I'm wrong. Keep the media wet as well.

My power went out for 15 hours a few weeks ago and no fish died, even without an air stone, so I imagine they will be fine especially since you have a stone :)

Back
Top Bottom