Help my lonely glassfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deftpunk79

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know any suppliers or anyone with some Indian glassfish (Parambassis ranga)? I have had a small school for a few years, but am down to 2 and they are looking quite sad since the last one died. I love these little guys, but can't find them anywhere. I did find them at one store, but they were dyed and I won't support that. They have started swimming around with the tetras, but they keep towards the outside of the group.

Attachments

• Indian-glassfish.jpg
    Indian-glassfish.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 197
All the ones I usually go to. Liveaquaria, Pet solutions, aquabid, a few others. Which petsmart Cornstar? I might be able to call them and see who their supplier is.

Have you tried a online supplier. You have aquatics to your door. I've ordered from here loads of times. Comes next day delivery and they so everything.

I'm in the U.S. unfortuantely. I think PETA scared all the suppliers away from carrying them since they get dyed so often.
I bought some tetras that are a little larger than the glassfish, but transparent with black tipped fins and black eyes. I think the glassfish are fooled. They are schooling with them happily. Their dorsal fins are perky again and they actually ate today. I'm still going to keep looking for real glassfish though.

Over here they call them glass perch- they aren't that easy to find, but I was told they are sometimes found among the live feeder fish. I love those cool little guys, but if they have been raised as feeders then chances are they are not going to be healthy.

Smart move.

My local Petsmart carries them. Their supplier is Seagrest farms.

David

Thanks David! There is a store 5 miles away from me that uses Segrest and they can order them direct. The store is a landscaping place that usually only stocks ponds with koi and such, but they can order anything. I should get them on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom