Help my paradise fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do the yellow loaches have black stripes? could you post a picture? if they are what i'm hoping they aren't then you've got an even bigger problem then we thought...

blackmolly said:
do the yellow loaches have black stripes? could you post a picture? if they are what i'm hoping they aren't then you've got an even bigger problem then we thought...

No they dont have black lines on them.

image-3063618983.jpg

image-1388988834.jpg

image-4108680156.jpg

Attachments

• image-2814061758.jpg
    image-2814061758.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 64
It good to know you are doing those pwc. I hope its enough to keep your params steady.
A test kit will tell us more though. Honestly, there are several possibilities that could be going on and one of them is stress from an overstocked tank. Its good that your brother is sorting out his tank though. How many fish are you going to give to him? Just some paradise fish, or more?

Those aren't loaches. They are Chinese algae eaters. They get big and territorial and will will suck the slime coats off other fish IME.

absolutangel04 said:
She means the CAE. They will get too big for your tank and can be aggressive.

Oh crap! No one told me this. The pets at home i go to told me they would be fine. And that there just loaches.
And just to let you know the paradise fish is now swimming around. With its fins up :)

i think your best bet is to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank and rehome the CAE's. (be that a separate tank for them or a new owner) then you're fine stocking wise.

blackmolly said:
i think your best bet is to upgrade to a 55 gallon tank and rehome the CAE's. (be that a separate tank for them or a new owner) then you're fine stocking wise.

Holly crap thats huge. I will have to find out what my mum says. And yea might end up getting rehomed :(

Oh crap! No one told me this. The pets at home i go to told me they would be fine. And that there just loaches.
And just to let you know the paradise fish is now swimming around. With its fins up :)
of course they wouldn't ;) it's common for chainstore employees to give bad advice, that's why we're here ;)

Holly crap thats huge. I will have to find out what my mum says. And yea might end up getting rehomed :(
trust me... it's not that big lol. if you do, i'd rehome all except the danios and the snails, and maybe (idk i'm not familiar with them) one flagfish or one paradise fish.

blackmolly said:
trust me... it's not that big lol. if you do, i'd rehome all except the danios and the snails, and maybe (idk i'm not familiar with them) one flagfish or one paradise fish.

Ok thank you :).

Robert123 said:
Ok i have a 90 litre tank (20 gallons) wich has 4 platies, 2 apple snails, 10 pond snails, 5zebra danios, 4 american flag fish. And 3 paradise fish.
I know i shouldnt have 3 but i need my brother to get his tank sortedso i can give on to him.
But they havent bullied it or eachother plus i have 3 loaches

I rehome all but one flagfish and all but one paradise fish. And all the CAEs. Then you'd be fine IMO.

Robert123 said:
Dont know whats wrong with my paradise fish. :(.
It hasnt really moved all day. It just seems to sit on the bottom corner at the back :(.

Please help

Change the water or it might be time to change your carbon in the filter

Back
Top Bottom