HELP, need to know what kind of fish.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fish in the second photo, to the right of the pink coral decoration appears to be a glowlight tetra (as others have mentioned). It just isn't showing its colors. It is possible that it is an albino neon tetra, but it isn't evident by the photo.

I will not argue the point as the stores have given me so much wrong information. It was labeled albino tetra, but only 2 of them have red eyes while the last has blue eyes. also if you look to the very far right in that photo there is a front view of one too.. but if you all say its albino glolight i will go with that. It has been a process figuring out what i really have opposed to what i thought i was getting.

No argument from me. I would need to see a better photo of it to be sure of what it is. It is too bad that stores don't properly ID the fish they sell.

hahaha i think your right.. idk what i should have for lights. right now it has led white lights.

I've never seen that before, but it sure does look like an albino glowlight tetra.

It is an albino glowlight, they are listed by most far eastern suppliers. It beats me why people would prefer albino versions of certain fish, such as glowlights, neons, rummynose, congo tetras etc, when the normal colours are so much brighter!

Maybe they consider them albino because they are not colored, only show a thin strip of clear metallic. I would think mostly they are called albino is because they have red eyes. I think the albino fish and catfish are beautiful. I saw a photo of an albino guppy. I want it soooo bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It is an albino glowlight, they are listed by most far eastern suppliers. It beats me why people would prefer albino versions of certain fish, such as glowlights, neons, rummynose, congo tetras etc, when the normal colours are so much brighter!

I'm with you, Pip. I think the originals are certainly more beautiful. I have albino corys, but still prefer the "normal" bronze corydoras aeneus better. I can't understand why anyone would breed albino versions of the more colorful fish species, especially tetras. To each his/her own, I guess.

I chose the albino because I really like the red eyes. After seeing how beautiful the tetras are with the shined stripe I will be replacing with those. Sometimes you can't really see how pretty some fish are when there in the store tanks. I also have small led lights which I feel are to bright but idk how to minimize that. There are 7 - 1" lites that connect to the hood.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom