Help needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got two breeding bristlenose yesterday and so far they have not eaten anything I have put in the tank they are in a tank by themselves any ideas

My pleco suckered itself to the back wall for the first week or so that I had it...then I started catching it sneaking out at night. Even now, a month or so later, it spends almost all day on the back wall behind the heater or up behind the filter intake out of sight.
It comes out at night, but if I turn on a light in the room I can hear it scatter across the gravel and it's back behind the heater like it never left to begin with. From time to time, it'll spend a day on one of the rocks more out in the open, but not that often. As far as fish go, they're pretty boring.

You've only had it for a day, I wouldn't be to worried. After a few days, turn off the tank lights and enough lights in the room that you can just barely see into the tank and check on it an hour or so later. You'll probably find it cleaning a different part of the tank.

They'll need a while to adjust in the tank. They can safely go a week with out eating, but in a few days they should be chowing down.

I have lots of hiding spots and have zucchini in there ATM

So far he has sat in the fake root system that the girl can't fit into and she is on the driftwood. I have there last lot of fry in another tank about 100 of them they are going good

So far he has sat in the fake root system that the girl can't fit into and she is on the driftwood. I have there last lot of fry in another tank about 100 of them they are going good

So these are new fish ? Give them a chance to adjust to new surroundings. Is water same in the tanks they came from ?

No it was about a 2 hour drive from where they came from

Just found out why he wouldn't eat there are eggs in the cave

Back
Top Bottom