Help! New Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilovemyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just lost 4 otos, 3 cory’s and 2 danios to some mystery illness. I checked my PH 7.0, Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0 and Nitrates 40ppm. Today I noticed that some of my fish have a white fungus type of thing on the back of their fins. I treated them with Maracyn and Maracyn 2.

In the meantime, my play just dropped about 35 fry. I pulled them out of the tank and they are now in a Dip and Pour container until they are free swimming and completely out of their egg sacs. During this time, do I need to use an air stone? As soon as they are free swimming I am going to transport them into my fry tank that has two 2 month olds and 17 1 month old fry. There are also two cory cats and two very small ottos in that tank. If I put some breeder grass in there, do you think the fry have a fighting chance? I need any and all advice. Thanks

the white fungus is the ich treat for that ask a fish seller about how to cure and the fry do need some kind of oxygen start feeding now they eat crush flakes feed three times a day this is for platies if you missed typed if that is not the species plz write what they are.

Back
Top Bottom