Help on feeding my Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afink1

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I recently read something today that says solely feeding Bam Bam (my angel) bloodworms isn't good for them. However that is really the only thing he eats. I also put veggie pellets, insect pellets, and krill pellets. But he only goes after the bloodworms. Should I stop giving the bloodworms all together?? He is a spoiled picky boy.

Sounds spoilt just a tad. I'd cut out the bloodworms to a treat every few days. I agree a diet of just bloodworms would not be very good.

So I recently read something today that says solely feeding Bam Bam (my angel) bloodworms isn't good for them. However that is really the only thing he eats. I also put veggie pellets, insect pellets, and krill pellets. But he only goes after the bloodworms. Should I stop giving the bloodworms all together?? He is a spoiled picky boy.
I use blood worms for my Angels once every other day as a treat and nutritional supplement. They otherwise get Tetramin flakes and are very healthy. I use the Hikari brand of freeze dried blood worms because they contain encapsulated vitamins and nutrients. Try just a very few tropical flakes at a time until you get him used to eating them. Then keep him on the flakes with only blood worms as an occasional treat. The Tetramin flakes have been around for many decades and are nutritionally complete.

I use blood worms for my Angels once every other day as a treat and nutritional supplement. They otherwise get Tetramin flakes and are very healthy. I use the Hikari brand of freeze dried blood worms because they contain encapsulated vitamins and nutrients. Try just a very few tropical flakes at a time until you get him used to eating them. Then keep him on the flakes with only blood worms as an occasional treat. The Tetramin flakes have been around for many decades and are nutritionally complete.
Sounds great. Thank you for responding. I want to make sure Bam Bam has the healthiest and happiest life.

Sounds great. Thank you for responding. I want to make sure Bam Bam has the healthiest and happiest life.
I rode 2 busses each way just to get my Angels a treat of live brine shrimp. But I couldn't resist buying 2 baby completely silver baby angels...about the size of a penny.

I was curious on live brine. U get a bag full of them.... How many do u put in the tank and what do u do with the others? I just got my Bam Bam a girlfriend. But they are medium size. I would love some little ones but would need another tank. Lol. I can't fit another tank in my place. Hahaha

I was curious on live brine. U get a bag full of them.... How many do u put in the tank and what do u do with the others? I just got my Bam Bam a girlfriend. But they are medium size. I would love some little ones but would need another tank. Lol. I can't fit another tank in my place. Hahaha
Unfortunately, you don't get a bag full. For a buck, the bag looks plentiful, but when you pour them in the net to rince the salt off just before feeding, you fond that you have about a tsp which you just put in all at once with your filter turned off for 15 minutes. I usually get about 4 dollars worth and ask for seperate bags. I open the bags and reseal them at the top to add as much fresh air as I can and store them on the inside door of the refrigerator. They last that way for a few days. You can keep a larger supply in a quart of brine with the lid off. You can even feed them using a tiny bit of dry yeast outside of the refrigerator in bright light for about 30 minutes and then putting them back in the refrigerator.

PS. Do u have pics of ur little ones. ��
No pics yet. They are doing well my adults swim up to them so close it looks like they are trying to smell them. The babies don't flee because they can sense that the adults won't harm them. My problem with getting you a pic right now is that they do flee from me to the back of the tank. They will learn that I am daddy in just a couple days after seeing the rest of the fish come to the front of the tank when I approach. I'll have my camera each time I approach just in case. I have to get a pic when they are at the front. My water is tinted a slight amber color from steeping peat moss in it to replicate their natural water from the Amazon river. The water is clean, just tinted with tannins.

The babies sound adorable. BAM BAM is a spoiled brat and I'm kind of shocked he even allowed Pebbles in the tank. But after a little bullying they are now a cute couple.

BAM BAM is my marble angel in pic

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_230913479.jpg
    IMG_20180312_230913479.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 41
No pics yet. They are doing well my adults swim up to them so close it looks like they are trying to smell them. The babies don't flee because they can sense that the adults won't harm them. My problem with getting you a pic right now is that they do flee from me to the back of the tank. They will learn that I am daddy in just a couple days after seeing the rest of the fish come to the front of the tank when I approach. I'll have my camera each time I approach just in case. I have to get a pic when they are at the front. My water is tinted a slight amber color from steeping peat moss in it to replicate their natural water from the Amazon river. The water is clean, just tinted with tannins.
I just got some pics. The 1st is one of the babies alone. Doesn't look very tiny...close up. The rest are my 4 adults.20180414_210517.jpg20180414_210602.jpg20180414_210553-1.jpg20180414_210548.jpg

The babies sound adorable. BAM BAM is a spoiled brat and I'm kind of shocked he even allowed Pebbles in the tank. But after a little bullying they are now a cute couple.

BAM BAM is my marble angel in pic
They both look great. My camera is not as good as yours. Have you tried flake feeding yet?

Love the angels. My girlfriend loves the striped ones. I had to use her phone to take the picture. Her phone takes better pics. ��. I started feeding flakes 2 days ago and they are doing great. First day he was hesitant but he came around. I am definitely gonna try some live brine soon. How many times a week do I use brine?

Thank you. Bam Bam is my boy. ��. He greets me at the front of the tank Everytime I walk in the room.

Love the angels. My girlfriend loves the striped ones. I had to use her phone to take the picture. Her phone takes better pics. ��. I started feeding flakes 2 days ago and they are doing great. First day he was hesitant but he came around. I am definitely gonna try some live brine soon. How many times a week do I use brine?
I only give my babies live brine once a month, give them brine shrimp for one of their meals each day for 3 to 4 days. Then it's strickly flakes except for the 1 every other day treat of freeze dried blood worms.

Back
Top Bottom