Help! Over fed fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just rinsed it until I can get to the store to get a new cartridge. Should I change it or leave it?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Until it starts falling apart, rinsing will be fine. When it gets to the point of falling apart, add a new cartridge, after about 3 weeks remove the old one and the new one will have preserved your cycle.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Make that 2 :(( the 2 I was worried about died...both were pregnant :( so sad

Make that 2 :(( the 2 I was worried about died...both were pregnant :( so sad

Very sorry for the loss :( pregnant fish can be a bit more gentle than usual because they are carrying babies. It's like telling a woman to do 10 push-ups, then telling her to do it again when she is 8 months pregnant. It won't be near as easy. The sudden change in water parameters from the excess of food is likely your perpetrator for this.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm bummed about it... I'm going to get a couple females tomorrow to replace the ones I lost but it's still upsetting..

Never liked platies personally.. I can Keep discus, and hard to keep fish.. but livebearer fish... wow they just drop like flies for me.. I hate em..

sorry about your fish though I know the feeling when you lose one you like

Test your water before u get anymore fish. I bet your levels are crazy. New fish will just make things worse at this stage

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I completely cleaned the tank. I have them in a different tank for now so they are ok. I cleaned the whole tank to get all of the food out.

Never liked platies personally.. I can Keep discus, and hard to keep fish.. but livebearer fish... wow they just drop like flies for me.. I hate em..

sorry about your fish though I know the feeling when you lose one you like

Yea I have a hard time even keeping goldfish alive so I was super excited when I kept these alive then this happens.... Lol it sucks

Back
Top Bottom