Help plant dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettaorr

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got this plant about 3 weeks now had sand in the bottom for 1 week now it's dying Nd i don't know what to do any advice will help

image-538230811.jpg

And also can I take it out of that ugly basket

Never leave plants in the pots. Take the plant out of the pot and remove all the rockwool. Trim roots down to 2 inch long and plant. After planting add a root tab to the substrate.

Never leave plants in the pots. Take the plant out of the pot and remove all the rockwool. Trim roots down to 2 inch long and plant. After planting add a root tab to the substrate.

Where do I get root tabs at never heard or em

Go to any fish store, Pet Smart, or whatever is closest too you. Root tabs are what they say, little fertilizer tablets you push down in the substrate that release nutrients to root feeding plants. I'm sure if you ask an employee they can show you where they are.

If you only have one plant CO2 is not necessary. It's also not necessary in low light tanks. If you interested in getting more plants you need to do some research on planted tanks. Also don't just buy plants you see and like because your tanks lighting determines what plants you can grow.

If you only have one plant CO2 is not necessary. It's also not necessary in low light tanks. If you interested in getting more plants you need to do some research on planted tanks. Also don't just buy plants you see and like because your tanks lighting determines what plants you can grow.

I would like to get some more if this one don't die on me

Then do some reading and learn about what's needed for running a successful tank. Decide how much you want to put into it, whether you want low, medium, or high light. How much do you want to spend. The more you research and learn the higher the chance of succeeding.

I would leave co2 out of the equation for now.. is your tank heavily planted? Or do you have just afew plants? Co2 isnt for the light hearted fish keeper. It effects water chemistry and needs understanding and also control. A shift in co2 can violently swing your ph and kill your fish. As co2 lowers ph, how much would depend on your tap water, but in theory one day without co2 could rocket your ph up and then youll have big problems.

Plants health is based on more than just dosing water up with ferts and co2. Light is also another huge factor. To get the best from co2 and ferts, your light has to be up to the task for rapid healthy growth. Without good lighting the plants cant even photosynthesise the co2.

I would leave co2 out of the equation for now.. is your tank heavily planted? Or do you have just afew plants? Co2 isnt for the light hearted fish keeper. It effects water chemistry and needs understanding and also control. A shift in co2 can violently swing your ph and kill your fish.

Plants health is based on more than just dosing water up with ferts and co2. Light is also another huge factor. To get the best from co2 and ferts, your light has to be up to the task for rapid healthy growth. Without good lighting the planta cant even photosynthesise the co2.

Right now I have 1 plant was looking into getting another one only problem with them is that my lfs don't know the names of the plants and they showed my bf what light he needed for this kind of plant. Also my gold barbs keep ripping the roots out of the sand

Back
Top Bottom