Help PLEASE! I need advice/opinions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a 30 gallon tank with an aqua clear 70 (for 40-70 gallon tank) it is currently home to 7 cories thats 5 emerald green cories and 2 green cories (a tad smaller than em greens) also home to 6 guppies and about 10-12 guppy fry is my tank ok to be this heavily stocked? I am going to get my other 30 gallon going very soon I just need a new pump but I need to know if this is ok temporarily. I know if those guppy fry get to be adults my tank will be way overstocked! I forgot to mention, I think all 3 of my female guppies are pregnant! Crazy fish!:facepalm:

Of course I don't know how big all your corys are but that doesn't sound like over stocking to me, especially for temporary purposes. Split all those up between 2 30s and you have room to spare, I think. One other thing to consider is a 3:3 m:f ratio with guppys isn't ideal but I guess it works for you, and that'll probably be cured if you end up keeping some of the fry

My eg cories are getting big atleast 2 inches...others are about 1 and a half inches. I do plan on keeping some fry they are about a quarter of an inch and look like they are doing great :)

Catina said:
My eg cories are getting big atleast 2 inches...others are about 1 and a half inches. I do plan on keeping some fry they are about a quarter of an inch and look like they are doing great :)

Glad your fry are doing good! Sounds like your tank should definitely be okay for the time being, at least I think so. AA.com needs one of those posters that say "keep calm and do a WC" haha

Back
Top Bottom