HELP!! please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I spilled out somenbits of carbon from an older filter onto my substrate. I vacuumed up most of em but can this be harmful to my fish???

There's nothing to worry about. The general belief is that carbon simply becomes inert and part of the biological filtration once it has absorbed all it can. I don't believe it will leech any compounds and cause issues. No worries :)

Oh okay. Should I be worried about them eating it??? And also I just cut up a filter pad to seed my tank and put it in my filter. I took out the carbon and just put in the spongy/fuzzy part. That has bb in it right?

tarpon said:
Oh okay. Should I be worried about them eating it??? And also I just cut up a filter pad to seed my tank and put it in my filter. I took out the carbon and just put in the spongy/fuzzy part. That has bb in it right?

I wouldn't worry about them eating it. You could always use your net and scoop it out if you wanted.

Yep, the pad itself will have plenty of BB. Sounds like you did everything right.

Okay. My gfs mom randomly gave her filter pad to me. It was in a plastic baggie with no to little water. It was soaked into the pad tho. As long as it stayed damp the bb stayed alive right?? Sorry for all the questions

tarpon said:
Okay. My gfs mom randomly gave her filter pad to me. It was in a plastic baggie with no to little water. It was soaked into the pad tho. As long as it stayed damp the bb stayed alive right?? Sorry for all the questions

As long as it didn't dry out it'll be fine :)

Back
Top Bottom