Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holianl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking to get some zebra pleco but all I seem to hear is people saying that they tend to hide away I really like the zebra pleco and at 120 pound a pop I would like to see them quite often Is their anything that would help the pleco get comfortable in my tank and does anybody have them I do plan on buying 2

All my plecos have been shy except for my common pleco who is now 8in and runs my 100g tank. My bistlnose albino pleco wouldn't come out for 3 months but now swims and does normal fish activities daily. Seems to be the same story with my royal pleco. I have only had his 2 months but he's starting to show himself on occasion.

Point being try feeding them snacks during the day like zucchini and wafers and they will start making them selves seen.

Holianl said:
I'm looking to get some zebra pleco but all I seem to hear is people saying that they tend to hide away I really like the zebra pleco and at 120 pound a pop I would like to see them quite often Is their anything that would help the pleco get comfortable in my tank and does anybody have them I do plan on buying 2

Are you looking to get a zebra pleco or a Columbian zebra pleco?

Hi I'm just looking for a normal zebra pleco

You found them for 120? Wow that's cheap, anyways, the zebra is a nocturnal fish so its not very likely that it will come out and mingle during the day

butterfly_koi said:
You found them for 120? Wow that's cheap, anyways, the zebra is a nocturnal fish so its not very likely that it will come out and mingle during the day

Yep 120 from maidenhead aquatics they have loads of shops round the uk not the cheapest place but they are very friendly and give good advice

Holianl said:
Yep 120 from maidenhead aquatics they have loads of shops round the uk not the cheapest place but they are very friendly and give good advice

I'm from the USA so the cheapest price on the zebra plecos are starting at 300, I was wanting one as well for my tank. They are a very shy fish and it is best to keep them in a tank without other plecos. Too many bottom dwellers can stress them out to the point where they hide all of the time

Back
Top Bottom