Help!!!!! Sick Fish!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathanpopp

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Male venustus is breathing heavy on the bottom. Doesn't move.

Tank size 75.
Other Africans cichlids as tank mates.

Attachments

• image-3195470665.jpg
    image-3195470665.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3500168246.jpg
    image-3500168246.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 80
Well since its an African tank I am willing to guess the PH is on the higher end. The higher the PH the more toxic any trace of ammonia is and it looks like you have some ammonia. I would start with a 50% water change.

Ok 1st your test is telling me either you are not cycled or something has happened to the BB. Your amonia is around .5 to 1.0 and 0 trites and trates.
0 trites is good but unless you are heavy planted you should show nitrates.
I would do a 50% water change and then test in an hour. Im going to guess you will be at .25 at this point and need to do another 50% water change. If you leave it as it is your other fish will start having problems. Was the tank cycled before this? Im not an expert so hopefully someone will agree or disagree soon.

Then I'm gonna say your not cycled yet or your current bioload is to high for you bb. Essentially your bb aren't converting ammonia to trates efficient enough.

Will do guys thanks for all of your help I really appreciate it!

Just made a late night trip to my uncles. He had a cycled canister filter waiting for me...

Back
Top Bottom