Help starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tbagg2001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 75 gallon tank and im hoping to have a few fish, live rock/sand and eventually have a few corals. Im some what of a perfectionist and was wondering if someone could tell where i could find a relatively detailed step by step guide of what all i will need and of how to set up the tank or if anyone could just answer a few questions. I want to make sure i get everything i will need and that i set it up correctly. Is it possible for me to get the live sand now and setup the tank with just the sand and water and then add the live rock in a week or two? I want to start setting up as soon as possible but was planning on getting the live rock a little after christmas. will the tank start to cycle witht just the sand and water in it? and if so can i just add the rock later? or will it start the cycle over. Any help will be appreciated.

if someone could tell where i could find a relatively detailed step by step guide of what all i will need and of how to set up the tank

www.wetwebmedia.com

Lot's of info there ;)

could just answer a few questions

Absolutely, that's what we're here for.

Is it possible for me to get the live sand now and setup the tank with just the sand and water and then add the live rock in a week or two?

Sure, however, if the sand is true live sand and contains critters you might need to add some food for them. a small pinch of flake or a pellet or two once per week.

will the tank start to cycle witht just the sand and water in it?

Possibly, there needs to be a nitrogen source for the cycle, but with properly conditioned LS and LR there may be no noticable cycle.

or will it start the cycle over

If the rock is uncured, yes it would start over.

awesome thank you for the help this forum is really awesome, great help thats also quick, you cant beat that. im glad i joined :)

Back
Top Bottom