Help stocking a 36g bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marshmallowing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,
So I have a 36 gallon bowfront tank I'd like to make into a big community. I have a few fish in there now, but I'd like to have some more and a bigger centerpiece fish.

Right now there's 5 fish in there:
3 platys, 1 male 2 females
1 sparkling gourami
1 striped raphael catfish (1 and a half inches long)

I ordered in some bleeding heart tetras from my lps store and I'm going to go pick them up later this week hopefully. So I'll have either 4 or 5 of those in the tank by then, too.

The water has a pH of 7.0, the temperature is a constant 78 degrees and the tank will get 50-70% or more water changes weekly. The tank is bare bottom right now but once I get my pool filter sand in it'll have sand substrate.

Any other stocking ideas or recommendations? I like active, personality filled and fun to watch fish. No aggressive fish, please. No livebearers either. I might get two more platys but that'd be it. I've had mollies and swordtails before so I want some fish I've never had before.
I want to get some corydora catfish, but I've had bad luck with them before so I'm not really sure.. I might try again, though.

For the centerpiece fish, I'd like to have a bigger fish but nothing huge. I might get a dwarf gourami but I want something unique. Please don't recommend an angelfish either.
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

If you want active skip the Raphael cat. I had a striped one and they are nocturnal. You see them once in a blue moon and that's with the lights off..

Caleb

If you want active skip the Raphael cat. I had a striped one and they are nocturnal. You see them once in a blue moon and that's with the lights off..

Caleb

I'm well aware of that ^^'
My raphael has been plenty active at night for the time I've had him. In fact, I can see him right now. He'll most likely become more of a recluse as he gets older, but that's in their nature and is perfectly fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom