Help stuck in middle of cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redrob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I'm new to the fish keeping world and am puzzled with my tank. I've had my 60 gal freshwater tank for just shy of 2 months. I'm doing a fish in cycle and my numbers have been the same for 2 weeks now 0 ppm ammonia, 3ppm nitrite, and 10ppm nitrate. I just can't seem to get rid of the nitrite! I've been doing 20% water changes every other day. Fish don't seemed stressed at all just want to get tank completely cycled before I add any more fish. Any ideas?

That happened to me during my cycle. I thought that it was stalled, but one day the nitrites suddenly dropped. Might just take a little more time

That happened to me during my cycle. I thought that it was stalled, but one day the nitrites suddenly dropped. Might just take a little more time

Did you still do your regular water changes. ( which I've read can slow your cycle process down ) or did you let it go a few more days to let bacteria continue to build without interruption?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did you still do your regular water changes. ( which I've read can slow your cycle process down ) or did you let it go a few more days to let bacteria continue to build without interruption?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I did a fishless cycle so I didn't do any water changes until the cycle finished. However you still are going to want to do water changes because you have fish. It shouldn't affect much, however. Your cycle is due to be finished anytime now.

Back
Top Bottom