HELP! Tadpole!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callietanks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I work at a fish store and we got a tadpole in our bag of feeders today. I took him home because I have a planted tank and there was really no good place we could put him at the store but I know nothing about them!
What do they eat? What do they need?
Any advice would be awesome!
also he is a brownish green with a pretty big head and is about 3-4 inches long, any idea on what kind he might be?

They love lettuce, and make sure you keep it out of intense light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They love lettuce, and make sure you keep it out of intense light.

there's a high light on the tank but there is lots of shade available, will he find the shade on his own or do I need to turn off the light?

I'm sure if he gets to hot he will find the shade, just keep an eye on the temp.

they are leopard frogs from the north. thats what mine is. Ask the store where they get them from

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Exact same thing happened to me. Feed him balanced spinach (this is best). Once he starts to absorb his tail he will stop eating as his body is consuming the tail. At this stage you will also want to switch his tank to a semi aquatic set up. Once his tail is gone, switch to feeding crickets.

Fish food does not have the correct nutrients they need btw. If you use lettuce, make sure it is dark like romain, but spinach is still best.

Back
Top Bottom