Help....Unidentified Bug in my tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimbo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone help.....
I found this bug in my tank whilst cleaning the gravel. It's a reasonably new tank......4 weeks old. Just got 4 tetras and 2 aquatic frogs and 2 live plants.
Anyone know what this bug is and what I do with it?? The frogs haven't shown any interest but I've seen the fish trying to peck at it occasionally.

ForumRunner_20130615_111243.jpg

ForumRunner_20130615_111254.jpg

I would also like some advice on what to fish buy next....I've started to get some green algae growing on the glass....could I get some sort of pleco? I'm completely new to keeping fish so any advice welcome!!!

Looks like it might be a damsel fly nymph, but it's hard to tell for sure from the photo: Damselfly Nymph - Aquatic Story I'd get rid of it.

What size tank do you have? If the tank is a month old it's likely still cycling so you don't want to add anything else until cycling is done. Also if it's a small tank you won't have room for much else. These guides might help:
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice
Guide to Starting a Freshwater Aquarium - Aquarium Advice

Thanks for the advice....I'll try and catch it!! I've gots a 60l nano cube. My local pet shop has free water testing....its was checked last 2 days ago.....a week after the fish and frogs were introduced and all is fine.

Back
Top Bottom