HELP!! URGENT!! Fish Mayday!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dreamingdragon said:
Praziquantel combo with mela fix but he ho I,m i

Dreamingdragon said:
You can get praziquantel by watergarden for koi. But I think some fish died already.

Dreamingdragon said:
I had menny sick fish in the past like flaggel hol in the head. Ick and all that kind of sickness. But you know what it,s sad that your lfs only have that medication I doint like but that's my opinion. Just try too help

Dreamingdragon said:
Let me guess fish have eye cloud that is white. Like you sad. Poping eye. That's a infection. Cold be. Try my advies. I know the medication for fish and how to get them.

Dreamingdragon said:
Ohh and dark of collor sometimes they have a dark golden collor with white over there body. I had al of these sickness in my tank. In the past I learned a lot about it. Sinds than I have these medication close by. Ps surve on Internet for sh2000 exit and Colombo.

Dreamingdragon said:
eSHa 2000 - Fungus, Finrot and Bacteria Treatment

eSHa 2000's wide range action treat over 18 symptoms and disease organisms.
eSHa 2000 treats a wide range of fungal, bacterial and parasitic infections, helps heal wounds and protects the skin layer. Use eSHa 2000 for Fungus, Dropsy, bacteria, skin problems, gill problems, fin rot, tail rot, ulcers and wounds. Also for Neon Tetra disease and many others.

Treats 800 litres / 210 US gallons /175 UK gallons.

Further Reading: The nature of disease in your aquarium.

Product Reviews:
1: eSHa 2000 review (Practical Fishkeeping January 1999)
2: eSHa 2000 and Dropsy (Practical Fishkeeping June 1999)

I'm having a hard time following your posts as they seem random and out of place. Can you please try an explain and maybe use spell check. I understand your trying to help me and I thank you very very much for that but I really can't follow your posts. Can you re post in one post and clarify what your trying to tell me?

Thanks
Dino

Ok sorry. Was a littel bit drunk yesterday. What I try to say is your lfs. Have the medication such as parasite clear .To save your fish try praziquantel in combination. With mellafix. You can buy this praziquantel at the watergarden for koi. I had a lot problems. In the past with my fish. The esha2000 and exit and Colombo. Is a european medication that is hard to get. but surf on the internet for info. About esha2000 and exit. But for know try out the praziquantel in combination with mellafix

I hope everything is settling down in your tank Dino, and your remaining fish come out of this ok. Enjoy the Giants game.

My biggest bit or advice for you is

1- Don't give up after this. We all go through some rough patches in aquarium keeping. I've had heaters fry fish, mini cycles wipe them out, disease, etc

2- Live and learn. These circumstances are how we learn and become capable of catching things immediately. What I may recommend is start doing research on all the possible types of disease. Whenever I get bored I will just start researching different symptoms and signs just so I know what's out there.

3- Don't be so quick to do things to your tank. I've said this to you in the past, I know you wish the best for your guys, but jumping in and making changes isn't always the answer. I notice that as soon as you see an issue you're quick to rush to the lfs for chemicals. I'm glad to see your commitment to their health, but taking a day of being able to identify will only help in the long run.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh at all, I only hope for the best with you and your new hobby. I know that in time this is gonna become second nature for you, but remember its these tough times that make you stronger.

Malawi Freak said:
My biggest bit or advice for you is

1- Don't give up after this. We all go through some rough patches in aquarium keeping. I've had heaters fry fish, mini cycles wipe them out, disease, etc

2- Live and learn. These circumstances are how we learn and become capable of catching things immediately. What I may recommend is start doing research on all the possible types of disease. Whenever I get bored I will just start researching different symptoms and signs just so I know what's out there.

3- Don't be so quick to do things to your tank. I've said this to you in the past, I know you wish the best for your guys, but jumping in and making changes isn't always the answer. I notice that as soon as you see an issue you're quick to rush to the lfs for chemicals. I'm glad to see your commitment to their health, but taking a day of being able to identify will only help in the long run.

I hope this doesn't sound harsh at all, I only hope for the best with you and your new hobby. I know that in time this is gonna become second nature for you, but remember its these tough times that make you stronger.

Not harsh at all Malawi and MUCH appreciated!! Your RIGHT!! Sometimes I just have to take a step back... Your right! I'll get through this an bounce back! And I'll be a better more knowledgeable fish hobbyist because of it!!

Thanks for the words! Means a lot. Also happy to report no deaths today.

Also house is so hot cause the wife is always cold I took the glass canopy's off which helped a lot with lowering the temp. So I'm at 72-73

Ok, good its goin well so far. Your defonitly not out of it yet (unfortunatly) but your doin well:)

No one died because the giants are going to the Super Bowl. As a fellow tri state area citizen I hope you appreciate that and aren't on the green side. Lol.

Malawi Freak said:
No one died because the giants are going to the Super Bowl. As a fellow tri state area citizen I hope you appreciate that and aren't on the green side. Lol.

Haha! Nope! GIANTS BABY!!!

On an update. No losses to report however I have a total of 3 showing. Nothing else to report. Tomorrow is the last day of Maracyn Two treatment. Any advice with the kosher salt treatment? I'm suppose to do a water change after the Maracyn treatment and add new carbon pack.

Convict2161 said:
Haha! Nope! GIANTS BABY!!!

On an update. No losses to report however I have a total of 3 showing. Nothing else to report. Tomorrow is the last day of Maracyn Two treatment. Any advice with the kosher salt treatment? I'm suppose to do a water change after the Maracyn treatment and add new carbon pack.

That's great you haven't lost any more! After the PWC dose the salt back up to where it has been. I would keep salt in the tank until all signs are gone.

I agree. Hopefully you are coming to the end of it now and salt will help rid anything as the macaryn is cleared out.

Mumma.of.two said:
That's great you haven't lost any more! After the PWC dose the salt back up to where it has been. I would keep salt in the tank until all signs are gone.

Malawi Freak said:
I agree. Hopefully you are coming to the end of it now and salt will help rid anything as the macaryn is cleared out.

Thank you both.

Today is last dose of Maracyn Two. Should I do a wc today or tomorrow? Should I slowly raise temp or keep it as is and continue salt treatment maybe the rest of week then on the weekend do a wc? Water conditions are ok so far.

Thanks

Also no deaths to report. :)

Convict2161 said:
Today is last dose of Maracyn Two. Should I do a wc today or tomorrow? Should I slowly raise temp or keep it as is and continue salt treatment maybe the rest of week then on the weekend do a wc? Water conditions are ok so far.

Thanks

Great news! Glad you hung in there. I'll let the more experienced folks recommend next steps.

Convict2161 said:

Thanks

If your params are still ok I'd wait until tomorrow to remove the maracyn. I would keep the temp low and keep up the salt until after the very last sign of it is gone.

It's great you haven't lost any more! :) you've done well!!

Thanks everyone!!! :) I couldn't have done it without you guys!!! THANK YOU!!! From the bottom of my heart!! Thank you!!!

Dino

Back
Top Bottom