Help! What are these??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Runsoncoffee

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_0327.jpg

Just cleaned the tank so don’t judge the cloudyness. What are these tiny worms in the tank? Are they dangerous? If so how do I get rid of them?

How long have you had your tank? What type of fish are in the tank? What are your water parameters at? PH, Ammonia, Nitrites, Nitrates etc? We will need that info to see what the issues are. It could just be waste from the bottom of the tank that can rise up when adding water. Or it could be something else.

They’re for sure worms, they move and wriggle against the current. The tank is a 5 gallon with platies.

I have little worms inside my 'pond tank'
EVERYTHING in that tank was taken from a friends pond.. there are snails, cyclops, copepods and worms. There are little segmented red worms, detritus worms and even planeria (flat worms)
Although I do not have any in any of my other tanks, the ones I have seem harmless and just usually stay in the gravel..
Judging just by the pic, I'm not able to identify the type of worm it is.. I'm sorry.
But if it is any of the ones I listed, they're perfectly fine with the snails that are in the pond tank. Although there are no fish in that tank, so I cant speak for that.. I'm sorry.
Hope this helps!

I have little worms inside my 'pond tank'
EVERYTHING in that tank was taken from a friends pond.. there are snails, cyclops, copepods and worms. There are little segmented red worms, detritus worms and even planeria (flat worms)
Although I do not have any in any of my other tanks, the ones I have seem harmless and just usually stay in the gravel..
Judging just by the pic, I'm not able to identify the type of worm it is.. I'm sorry.
But if it is any of the ones I listed, they're perfectly fine with the snails that are in the pond tank. Although there are no fish in that tank, so I cant speak for that.. I'm sorry.
Hope this helps!

This helps a lot. And they definitely look like the detritus worms from pictures online. Thanks so much! I was pretty worried that I had parasitic worms in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom