Help Whats needed for a saltwater aquarium with coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 i was just using the watts per gallon rule since they don't seem to be very experienced

There's a thread on here where someone is asking about the same LED lights you want and some people have them and say they grow their softies, lps, sps and clams just fine. Go check it out!

Thanks but I've found something that's better wattage by 200 more watts almost and only cost $20 more so $200 for 324 watts and its has its own timer/ LCD control panel

I can send you the website for it if you want because I can't find the manufactures name

I thought you were going with LEDs...oh well this looks like it works too. Doesn't look like it has a specific brand, or at least one that I'm familiar with. I know there are Odyssea T5 HO lights that are cheaper, but they are "knock-offs", get hot, and sometimes burn out fast. However many people love them and say they grow their coral great. Might want to look at some reviews on this light and the guarantee.

I think it's a really good price for this LED light since similar lights go for double its price. In about 2 weeks I'm going to order these lights for my tank and ill buy 2 of them and then I'll have 6.6 watts per gallon

There's a few on the side, but those won't grow corals. Mostly for the shimmer effect or moonlights.

If I use these will coral still grow?? Or do corals grow with only LEDs in aquariums

Also since I'm only doing live rock live sand and sump with a Gfo and carbon reactor and a reef octopus skimmer will it be enough to keep the water clean

No I'm pretty corals will be fine. Don't know about SPS, but I'm sure soft corals and LPS will be okay.

That sounds like the ideal filtration setup! That will keep the water clean/clear, but you also should do frequent water changes to keep up.

What LED lights do you recommend for a 100 gallon tank that's going to be 48in wide 24 in tall and 18 in depth (front to back)

I know about everything I need already just need lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom