help with 72 gallon bow front stocking list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dbond22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Im back in the aquarium life after some time out. My last tanks were saltwater, but now that I've moved into a new house and I have a kid, responsibilities have changed. So freshwater I go. So far I have the following:

72 gallon bow front and stand
Canister filter
heater
pool sand

I'm not gonna grow anything so i'm gonna go with the standard fluorescent lighting. I figure this would suffice.

Now when it comes to live stock, I want a community tank. Fish that swim a lot in the open. I want middle and bottom dwellers. I've already come to the conclusion that I want some type of cory's for the bottom level. Maybe some ghost shrimp and a few snails. The middle level is where I need help at. I want either a a few groups of schooling free swimming fish, or 1 nice size group. No fish that reproduce on the regular. No guppies, platy's, etc. The main thing is schooling, free swimming and colorful. Please help me out as best as possible. Thanks in advance

A big school of boesmani rainbows would be amazing for a larger tank. I would do probably 10-15 of them.

Other good schooling fish would be harlequin rasboras. The rasboras are a bit small so you would need to get a bunch of them.

Scissor tail rasboras would look nice with kuhli loaches and danio choprai

Ok, i got that. Now how about 1 center piece fish? 1 that dominates the tank color wise and when people see the tank they realize "thats the money fish."

with that size tank, how about instead of a single center piece fish maybe go with a center piece school of rainbows? like 3 turquoise and 3 bousemani rainbows? Maybe a 1 M 2 FM set of pearl Gourami's,

They are my current favorite's at the moment any way.

Back
Top Bottom